Sunday, April 5, 2009

Are we upside down?



**Disclaimer: I am not saying that I am not proud to be an American. So don't go there. I cry when we sing the national anthem, even at football games.


Some days I wonder if things aren't all upside down in the US. We have come a long way but we still have so far to go. Women can vote, all races have equal rights, public slavery is gone, ect...

But we have people dieing on our streets, we have children that go to school without a coat and go to bed hungry at night, we have a large amount of debt that keeps growing, there are many more things that I could list.

We are part of a world where: human genocide happens regularly, people are dying from hunger, war WAR war, human beings live in landfills and garbage dumps, and women and children are used as sex slaves.

I understand all the arguments about taking care of our own. And I want to and try to help where and when I can here in the US.

How can we stand back and watch as countries kill off people for no reason, women are forced to have sex, children are abused physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I can't watch this happen. I try to help when and where I can. I do not have the resources to hop on a plain and travel to another country to be a crusader for the cause. So I have to do what I can from here in my home. I'm not saying everyone should feel the way I do.

I am proud to live in a country where I can be free. Free to love, free to choose, free to worship, and free to be me. I am proud of that! I am thankful that I have people that are courageous to fight for us. I am not saying war is right or wrong. But I do think our freedom needs to be protected.

But I wonder how...why...

No comments: