Sunday, August 24, 2008

What a weekend.

Friday started with getting out of Chilli late so it was standing room only at the Waverly-Piketon game. We had some great conversations while we stood and watched the game. By half time the kids had enough standing around so we watched the bands half time show and then headed home. We had some great company that evening. Ends up we should have stayed to see the end of the game. I hear it was pretty tense and Waverly pulled out the win by 1 point.

Saturday morning I had an Emmaus team meeting. It was okay, kind of tough. I am amazed when I am around certain groups of Christians at where I have come in my faith and where I stand compared to where I was when I went on my walk. I am not saying I am any better than anyone else and that I am right and they are wrong. I am just simply amazed at where I stand on issues now and at what is important and what's not so important. During the last 30 minutes of the meeting God gave me my talk. So when I got home I sat down and typed it out. It is in the hands of my editor now and hopefully I will hear soon on whether it is any good or even makes any sense.
After the meeting we just hung out at home the rest of the day. Saturday evening I sat constantly expecting a teenager to walk through my door. And then it dawned on me the ones who usually just come over are gone, I teared up. I miss MY kids! I take owner ship over them because I love and care about them. I know they aren't really mine but they have become such a part of our lives that I can't call them anything but my kids. I miss them a lot!

This morning we headed to church. Several individuals sang a song from RENT before the message. It was simply amazing and so fitting to the message. You can view it here Seasons of Love
Steve's message was really good today!
After church we headed home for lunch with a great friend. I was very lazy this afternoon, I sat around and edited pics and uploaded pics to facebook and flickr.
This evening out church had their annual baptism/Boat Race/Pool party. I think that a good time was had by all. I really enjoyed getting to catch up with some friends and just relax. Silas wanted to go off the diving board. Mommy's not ready for that though. Marty "Waverly" Ford made some AWESOME Pork Tenderloin!
After the pool party we headed home to watch the closing ceremony of the Olympics.

I think we had a great weekend!

No comments: