I am celebrating my birthday this week…and I thought it would be fun to let you know a few silly things about me. Since this is my 37th birthday, welcome to 37 Facts about Me.
1. I love to bake! I love the challenge of making something you can buy at the store. I love that it comes out tasting better than the store bought.
2. I love to eat homemade rolls with country crock butter on them, YUM!
3. I have never had braces. When I was in elementary school I used to have a sizable gap between my teeth. Some of my classmates would give me a couple of their rubberbands from their braces and I would put them on my front four teeth. They grew together and braces were no longer a thought.
4. I love fall! I love everything about it. Football games, bonfires, apple and pumpkin flavored things. The smells of fall, the crispness of a fall morning.
5. I love to organize and reorganize till it's just right. If we had a labeler we would be in trouble.
6. I love the colors chocolate brown, olive green, deep mustard yellow, and burnt orange.
7. My favorite lip gloss is from C.O. Bigelow, it's Cinnamint Mentha Lip Shine.
8. My secret to making my lip stick last all day long, when I wear it, is to take brown eye liner and dab it on your lips and then put your favorite gloss over it and smooth it. It looks great and lasts a long time. This is probably my one and only beauty tip. It was discovered when I ran out of lip liner one day.
9. My all time favorite candy is only sold once a year. Cinnamon gummy hearts from Brach's. update: I forgot to add in that I love everything that is Cinnamon flavored.
10. My second all time favorite candy has been discontinued and I really wish they would bring it back, cranberry jelly bellies.
11. If I had to pick a candy bar it would be a toss up between Butterfinger and a Kit Kat. I wish they would make Kit Kat's without the chocolate all over them.
12. I have this friend that gives the best hugs. I am always excited to see her because when she hugs you you know that she truly cares for you and loves you. I don't get to see her very often but I cherish these hugs! I am also excited to see her because of so many other reasons than just her hugs. But it's really nice to get that hug esp. when you are not having the greatest of days or feeling a little unloved. I would love to hug people the way she does!
13. I like Milk Chocolate. I despise Dark Chocolate.
14. I enjoy Tim Horton's Apple Cider. But when it comes to coffee it's Starbuck's all the way! I love a Carmel Macchiato.
15. I like Harbio Gummy Bears only! They are the best!
16. My drink of choice is Pepsi but I also enjoy sweet tea. My all time favorite wine is Mascato with Riesling a close second. I really enjoy a Smirnoff or Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade here and there.
17. I have a new found love for cooking. I am doing things I never thought I would. There are spices in my home that I never thought would be here.
18. I make my own laundry soap, dryer sheets, fabric softener, bathroom cleaner, stain remover and disinfectant spray.
19. Speaking of cleaning I hate cleaning the bathroom!
20. My favorite Ice cream is well get ready for the list, Jeni's Poached Pear Riesling, Cold Stone Chocolate with Mini Marshmellows mixed in, and Grater's Chocoalte.
21. My favorite Restaurant is Maggiano's. But local I would choose either Bangkok Palace or Max and Erma's.
22. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 22. I was a Senior in College.
23. I love IKEA!
24. My favorite meal is probably Pizza. But I also really enjoy Pastas, Roast and Dumplings, Tacos, and Chicken and Noodles.
25. I love Music! When I can get away with it I have it blasting in the house.
My current favorite musicians are Jenny & Tyler, Robbie Seay Band and All Sons & Daughters.
26. I recently found my celebrity look a like and even though some that I have shared this with think that I don't that how I feel I look like. So since finding this out I have had a complex. So I chopped my hair off. No more ponies or messy buns. Now to loose 50-70 lbs. I don't want to look like her and wish someone would have told me I did instead of me figuring it out for myself.
27. I have been to the following countries Canada, France, Hungry, Austria.
28. I have been to the following states Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Nevada and California.
29. My favorite cities that I have visited are Chicago, San Francisco, Nashville, Yellow Springs.
30. I love and long to help others.
31. I want to see the Northern Lights in all their glory before I die.
32. I know that I let my human nature get the best of me sometimes but I really strive to love others no matter what. Just like Christ loves me no matter what. Eph. 3:16-19. I pray that there may be no measurement when it come to loving others. Love surpasses all measurements and all things. Love Above all!
33. I am afraid of ticks and this fear causes me to not enjoy being outdoors.
34. I love to see the snow falling. It is such a beautiful picture of Christ. A fresh snowfall is so peaceful and gentle and pure and cleansing. And yet at the same time it can be powerful and bring things to a stop. It can cause you to stop and slow down.
35. I love to sit and relax and watch tv or movies before bed. Some of my favs are Parenthood, Modern Family and America's Got Talent. I also watch Grimm with the hubby. But I can't watch it by myself. My favorite movie of all time is Pride and Prejudice. But then there is nothing like a little Tommy Boy humor here and there. Update: How could I forget NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, Parks & Recreation, Duck Dynasty, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Ice Road Truckers or Hawaii Five. Told ya I like to watch TV. From 8-11 is my down time. I work all day so this is me time.-O
36. It seems like whenever I find something I really like they discontinue it. Like my favorite slippers from Brookstone, My favorite scent from Bath and Body, my favorite jelly belly's. So I am searching for new favs. I think they next time I find them I will buy double so when they are discontinued a month later and still have them, lol.
37. I love working with youth. I love everything about it! I consider those kids my own and I would do anything for them. I wish they believed that and took me up on it.
Wow, I did it. I thought in the beginning how am I going to come up with 37 things. But here we are. I will even give ya one to grow on, lol.
38. I guess maybe it's more a goal that a fact. I want to do the couch to 5K program and actually run, yes I said run, a 5K in the next year. I want to run the color run.
I got this idea from this blog.