Friday, June 15, 2012

Making it myself

I was talking to a friend today as we were planting and watering our garden about all the things I had been making at home. I am amazed by the things I have been making at home and not buying at the store. Here's a list:

Laundry Soap
Dryer Sheets
Disinfectant spray
Bathroom cleaner

Bread
Cakes- not from a box!
Mac and cheese- not from a box

There are so many more things that I was to make instead of purchasing from the store. This next week I am going to make cornbread from scratch instead of out of a box.

I would love to get to the point that I am making all of our bread products instead of buying them.
There are a lot of other things that I want to make they are:
pizza crusts
drain cleaner
play dough
finger paint
spaghetti sauce
pizza sauce
jelly's and jams
I am sure there are more but I can't think of them right now.

As I make things I will post what I make.

1 comment:

The Milmores said...

If you find a really good pizza crust recipe, I'd love to hear about it. I've tried lots, and they were all really bland. I FINALLY got a good pie crust recipe though. (I hardly ever made pie because of my lack of a good crust recipe.) Willing to share if you're interested!