Thursday, November 24, 2011

Today is Thanksgiving.

I am sitting here watching Underdog with my kids. We have already had our Thanksgiving meal, breakfast. It was yummy but I as I sit here I can't help but miss the noodles, rolls, mashed potatoes, stuffing, deviled eggs, broccoli and cheese casserole, grandma's fruit salad thingy, the pies and cookies.
I understand that this year things had to be done differently and will never be the same. This day is so different! Many things are very different about today.
Instead of a lunch we had breakfast.
Instead of playing games there is target practicing.
Silas hasn't said anything yet but he is so super sensitive today. Lilly just keeps asking where Mama is. I told her she is with Jesus and she said "Mama goodbye Jesus." I think she was a little ticked off when I told her mama had to stay with Jesus.
I don't mind having Thanksgiving breakfast but we do need to eat the rest of the day so I think next year I am demanding, okay requesting, that we have noodles, rolls, mashed potatoes, stuffing, deviled eggs, broccoli and cheese casserole, and pies! I don't care if we have turkey or not, I don't really care for it. But the sides they are another story!
So while this year and all others are different and we are going to miss the presence, time, laughter and love. There are new traditions to begin while we hold onto all the memories of times we have.

No comments: