Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful Challenge

So everyone on facebook is doing this thankful challenge leading up to Thanksgiving. I have considered doing it but now it's 10 days into it and I haven't started it. So I think I am going to start and finish it all here in one blog post. I also think that I am going to try to think outside of the traditional I am thankful for. Yes, I am thankful for Jesus and God and the change that has taken place in my life because of them and what they have done. Yes, I am thankful for my family. But those I feel are givens so I am going to think of those things that aren't the ones I would immediately rattle off if ask in the middle of Walmart.
These are in no certain order!

1. I am thankful for a warm place to sleep with a roof over my head.
2. I am thankful that I know where my next meal is coming from and that I can supply my child's next meal.
3. I am thankful that I have the appropriate shoes to wear for the season.
4. I am thankful I have a church that I can call home.
5. I am thankful for the teenagers in my life. They teach me something new everyday and I love them.
6. I am thankful that I have a car that can get me from point a to point b.
7. I am thankful for my friends. I am trying to trust them more everyday so...
8. I am thankful they are patient with me and my trust issues.
9. I am thankful for Canon in D, not matter how over played it is. It takes me to a calm and relaxing place full of dreams.
10. I am thankful for music.
11. I am thankful that I can read and write.
12. I am thankful that God made me compassionate and gave me that want to help others.
13. I am thankful to be free.
14. I am thankful for those who have fought and continue to fight for my freedom.
15. I am thankful for snow and how it reminds me of what Christ has done for us.
16. I am thankful for gloomy days and it's okay when it rains.
17. I am thankful for a dishwasher.
18. I am thankful for clean water to drink and bath in.
19. I am thankful for the love of taking pictures.
20. I am thankful my kids have no food allergies.
21. I am thankful that our church has been able to partner with a church in Haiti
22. I am thankful for the reconnect I have made with a friends from high school and college through facebook.
23. I am thankful for a hubby who loves to cook.
24. I am thankful for justice and the want to correct injustices.
25. I am thankful that the Pilgrims fled England in search of a place to be free.

okay so that's 25, one for everyday from Nov.1 st to Nov. 25th.
Enjoy!

No comments: