Wednesday, November 24, 2010

NYWC

So I guess maybe it's time to reflect a little over the National Youth Workers Convention.
We drove Wednesday evening to get there. Eli and I had to be at the convention center bright and early on Thursday. We had a fun trip down and the Soda was secured.

Thursday started with breakfast at the hotel and appreciate the beauty that God has created. Eli didn't really appreciate God's creation but Sarah and I did, LOL. After Breakfast we headed over to the convention center. Eli and I were working registration for the convention. We had some set up to do before registration opened up. During registration our friend Lilly walked by to set up the Sanctuary. It was so good to see her. It was a lot of fun to meet new people and to interact with the people who came into get their passes. When registration was over we meet up with Sarah and headed to dinner. Bailey's Pub was a must, their pizza and soft pretzels are the best. After dinner we headed to the hotel and made our was quickly to the hot tub before it closed, we had 20 minutes. We all relaxed and settled in for what ended up to be the worst night of sleep for all of us.

Friday was here and we had quite the day ahead of us. We had to be at the convention center even earlier. Registration today was so much fun. It was fun meeting all the people that were coming to the convention. During the first Big Room we had the chance to go over and see some of it. I was able to see Carlos Whittaker preform. I had never heard him sing so it was nice to be able to do that. After the Big Room we were able to meet with Carlos. I meet him before Eli did and that was cool but then when I went up with Eli he said "oh your Roogles" and then he looked at me and said "oh and your JennRoogles." Funny! He said "it's so hard when you follow people and you only get to see this little tiny twitter profile picture." It was cool to meet him. We continued on with registration until 4:30. Because we didn't get off till 4:30 there were some seminars I missed that I would have like to have heard but I can get those on audio later. Sarah was in a seminar so we waited for her to get out and then we headed to Rippy's for dinner. It was okay and it was better than paying the convention center food prices. Okay maybe it was "Sho good", lol. We got back in time to make use of our All Access pass. We went in and got some great seats for the evening Big Room. Crowder lead worship at the end and they were amazing as usual. I am glad I am so into taking pics because it helped me to not become a puddle on the floor after hearing Harvey Carey speak. The message he brought was life changing in so many ways. Maybe some day I will let myself sit down and and relive that message. Oh, The Museum also played and they were good. We had the opportunity to meet them afterwards and they were nice but their manager, wow is all I can say. After the late nights we were invited to Adam McLane's suite to discuss Haiti. There were about a dozen people there some of which have been to Haiti since the earthquake. And some have even met Wilnord, the pastor of the church that RVCC adopted. We ended up having a great discussion with a guy named Joel. We left and headed back to our hotel. We were soooooo tired.

Saturday was here, really already! We had to be at the convention at 8AM for the first round of seminars. We all headed our own way and didn't meet up until later for lunch. We walked to the Art museum and had lunch there and then walked back to the convention center. It was a full day of running here and there. After my seminar I headed to the Sanctuary and took part in the Imaginative Prayer. Then I headed over to the exhibit hall to make a round. I made it two rows and then we headed out to fins some dinner. We headed to the Hard Rock and had dinner, it was sooo yummy! Back up Broadway we headed for the evening Big Room. Again using the All Access passes we got amazing seats. NEWWORLDSON was pretty good. Jeremy Camp was pretty good. I thought last night's message was life changing, HA! This one pin pointed me. Can't even go there now! After the big room it was time for some laughter so we headed to Karaoke with Scott the Painter. We had some good laughs with some good tunes! Off to bed, after some sleeping drugs for all, LOL.

Sunday had come too soon for me. We didn't have to be at the convention center until 10 this morning! Ah a tad more sleep. It was the Big Room with Ted and Gayle Haggard. The Skit Guys were here this morning. I just love them, no really I do. They have a special place in my heart. This morning they did the skit, God's Masterpiece. It was very moving. Then Alathea played, they are soo good. I was introduced to them a few years ago via Marko's blog. He had blogged about their Christmas album. I went to trusty ol' iTunes and bought it. I was excited to finally be able to see them preform. So then it was time for The Haggard's. I really had no desire to sit and listen to him. Mainly because of some of the crap I was dealing with but I did hear some of it. To hear Gayle speak of her husband and the situation with such Grace, forgiveness and Peace was amazing. I told Eli I am not sure I would be as full of Grace as she was or is. I really don't want to insert my personal opinion here but I will say he really chose poorly when it came to some of the things he said. I didn't hear them for myself I just heard of them. I still do not have an issue with not sitting to listen to him speak. We grabbed some lunch, I think. Then I headed to the Sanctuary for Prayers-for-a-Hurting-World Mural. It wasn't what I expected but it was good. Then at 4 I stuck around and did Imaginative Prayer again and it really good for me. I just wish I wouldn't try to internalize everything. We went to dinner and then again using the all access made our way to some great seats. Tonight at the Big Room Tic apologized for the morning's Big Room and how it was handled. The Skit Guys did the True Love Waits skit and let me just say they were funny stuff with the snuggies! Brandon Heath was there, I had never seen him preform either. I don't really care for Jars of Clay but I stayed. But after I saw the skit guys and Brandon Heath I headed over to the Grand Ballroom to get 2nd row seats for the Skit Guys. The Late Night was Lost and Found and The Skit Guys and it was worth the wait. I really like Lost and Found and they were really funny. But The Skit Guys were spot on! They were so funny and it was so nice after along draining weekend. We got to speak with them afterwards. It's so nice that they remember you and your story. They are such great guys! At about 1AM we headed back to the hotel.

Monday was here and I wasn't ready for it all to be over. I wasn't ready to come back. We packed up and headed over to the convention center for the last Big Room. The Skit Guys did another skit, Tic Long gave the talk and Starfield ended it in worship. They were amazing. After the Big Room we had to help tear down the YS store. In the midst of packing up Tim Nuefield came over and needed a couple volunteers to help him get something to the loading dock. No one said anything so Sarah and I raised our hands. It was a long walk tugging along the t-shirts but it was fun! We chit chatted about our families and what we do. He was so super nice. It was fun to be able to help him out and get to chat with him for a bit. When we got back it was decided that we would start our 7 hr. journey home. It was hard to leave some good friends that we only get to see once a year. Sarah and I fell asleep while Eli chatted on the phone. Once we got to Cincy we stopped for a 3-way and then finished our trip home. It was a good weekend. There are a lot of seminars I need to get on audio because I know I need to hear them but we just couldn't fit everything in. And now I am back to life in fast forward and all is somewhat pushed back down inside.

No comments: