Saturday, November 14, 2009

OH MY Ellie is definitely mine!

Last night Ellie went to her first big girl birthday party. We've gone to birthday parties before but this is the first, oh you know what I mean.
Anyways after we got there Ellie had to go to the bathroom so I took her. While in their I was smacked in the face with the fact that she is just like me. This likeness is not a good thing. This is how our bathroom conversation went:
me-"Why aren't you playing with your friends?"
Ellie-"they don't really want me here."
me-"Ellie they wouldn't have invited you if they didn't want you here."
Ellie-"Well I am a little nervous that they really don't want to play with me and they don't like me."
me-"Ellie if they didn't want to play with you and if they didn't like you then you would not have been invited to the party. Go play with your friends and have a good time. Don't worry and fret, they like you."

Oh my gosh, she is just like me. I think these things every time I walk in a room full of people. Because I deal with these thoughts I don't know how in the world to change her way of thinking. I don't know how to get her to not think so negatively about herself.

I am so glad that after we walked out of the bathroom she seemed to relax and have a good time.

No comments: