Monday, November 9, 2009

In the end, LOVE WINS!

I read this blog today that just really hit somethings.

When it comes to the end
When you've lost all you had
and nothing is to be trusted.

All you can hold onto is that some day Love will win and things can be restored.

The end may be a long way off and I may be removed from the situation but in the end LOVE WINS!!!!


I've been struggling a lot lately with what the body of Christ is supposed to be and what the reality of the body of Christ is. When you invest yourself so much and no one notices when things aren't right, when no one cares.

Where, What, is the body of Christ?

Because I haven't experienced the body of Christ in a long time.

What I have experienced makes me wonder if God is up there just shaking his head.

I think the body of Christ are Christ followers. People who love Christ and others. We don't have to be each others best friend but a genuine love b/c you are another human, a part of the body of Christ. You can love someone and not be their best friend. The body of Christ should be a care for each other unit. We should look out for one another not fight against one another. If we don't look out for each other no one else is. We should speak, ooze, love for others. Not love if your my friend, if I decide to like you. Christ told us to love one another. We should care for each other and want what's best for each other. We should also be willing to love those deemed unlovable by the world. Jesus loved sinners why can't we? Why can't we love the sinner and not the sin. Just because we love the sinner doesn't mean we condone the sin or agree with their lifestyle. I don't like gay marriage but that doesn't mean that I am going to treat a gay man/woman any differently. If I do how in the world will they ever see the love of Christ.
Can you imagine if Jesus had treated the woman at the well as if she were unworthy of love. Things would have been drastically different. I think his ministry would have taken a large hit.

Just my ramblings. Francis Chan hit the Body of Christ on the head in his talk at the NYWC in Nashville. Maybe we need to watch it again and be reminded of what the Body of Christ should be.

After writing all this I then ran onto this blog while I was deciding whether I post my thoughts or not.
I think too often people check out your blog to see what you have to say, they never comment or let on that they read your blog but you know they do. Like my mom, I know she reads my blog but she doesn't ever comment or say anything. So sometimes I try to caution myself in what I type. But any more I am not sure I care. I have been in conversations with people about others blogs and them trying to figure out who it's about. Why do we read someone's blog and assume it's about one person. There are a lot of people in the world! So I have always been afraid that someone would read my blog and think is she talking about me. I am rambling but I guess what I am trying to say is that this is my blog, this is how I feel, if you don't like it or you are going to assume what I write is about you then stop reading my blog.

No comments: