Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Words that have touched my heart

I have been listening to Kendall Payne a lot lately. I love her music. The words of her songs touch my heart. Here are some words from songs that have really spoken to me.

"You feel like burning embers
You feel like coming home
You feel like my forever
And that’s all I need to know

You feel like Christmas morning
You feel like summer rain
You feel like holy waters
That rinse away my stains

You feel like children singing
You feel like midnight calm
You feel like breathing deeply
Until the storm is gone "

~Burning Embers



"Don’t let your life slip through the cracks in your hand
If you hold on tight you might stand a chance

Don’t be yourself if you’re not someone you like
There’s hope for change in anyone’s life...

...Don’t dream out loud you never know who will hear
Delight in bringing you down and fill your head with their fears

On paper skin words won’t rescind they sink too deep and slice me open
In paper skin I never mend it bends me back until I’m broken"

~Paper Skin


"It's a big girl world now
Full of big girl things
And every day I wish I was small
I've been counting on nothing
But he keeps giving me his word
And I am tired of hearing myself speak
Do you get weary? Do you ever get weak?
How do you dream when you can't fall asleep?"

~Scratch



"The moon's worn thin
Succumbed to the pressure
Her silver dress
Hangs in the sky like a rag
Her coat, her cloak
Her cover of darkness
It fails to hide
The tears that she's cried
Oh she cries
But she still shines"

~The Moon

The following songs are not songs Kendall has written but she released on an album. But these songs have also spoken to me.

"Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom"

~How Deep The Father's Love



"Lord make me an instrument of Your peace
Lord make me Your messenger, if You please.
Help me to bind the wounded,
Give me Your eyes for those in need...

Where there is hatred
We will show His love
Where there is injury
We will never judge
Where there is striving
We will speak His peace
To the people crying for release
We will be His instruments of peace...

Where there is blindness
We will pray for sight
Where there is darkness
We will shine His light
Where there is sadness
We will bear their grief
To the millions crying for release
We will be His instruments of peace"

~Instruments of Your Peace

No comments: