Thursday, July 2, 2009

Beaches-An all time favorite Movie.

I wish I had the movie Beaches on DVD. I have had a song from that movie going through my head for a week now. I think I just need to watch the movie to make it stop running through my head although that may make it worse too.
I remember when the movie came out, I had the soundtrack on cassette tape. I would pop that cassette in and sing at the top of lungs when I was all alone of course. My favorite song on the soundtrack is "I Think It's Gonna Rain Today." I used to rewind that song over and over again. And to this day it is one of those songs that frequents my mind. It happens to be the one that has been trapped in my head for the past week.

For those of you who have never heard the song here are the lyrics. I have put my favorite part of the song in bold. It's the part that keeps lingering in my head.


Broken windows and empty hallways,
a pale dead moon in a sky streaked with grey.
Human kindness is overflowing,
and I think it's gonna rain today.

Scarecrows dressed in the latest styles,
the frozen smiles to chase love away.
Human kindness is overflowing,
and I think it's gonna rain today.

Lonely, lonely.
Tin can at my feet,
I think I'll kick it down the street.
That's the way to treat a friend.

Bright before me the signs implore me:
Help the needy and show them the way.
Human kindness is overflowing,
and I think it's gonna rain today.


Lonely, so lonely.
Tin can at my feet,
I think I'll kick it down the street.
That's the way to treat a friend.


Bright before me the signs implore me:
Help the needy and show them the way.
Human kindness is overflowing,
and I think it's gonna rain today.


I think I will look on iTunes and see if I can rent it to watch. It has been years since I have seen it.

No comments: