Friday, June 26, 2009

What a Thriller night.

Oh dear from the news or Farrah Fawcett to the storm last night it was a long day and night and not much sleep was had at the Roogles Ranch.

Farrah Fawcett, what a sad thing to see happen to someone. Some people are so upset because they seem to be making her death so public but we need to remember that this is the road she chose. From early on she chose to do a video blog of her fight and then put it into a documentary for all to see. How brave of her to share all her thoughts, trials, and fight with us. Maybe by this one will get early detection and make it. I am sure that would fill her heart. Her battle takes me back to December of 04 when I was admitted to a hospital with internal bleeding. I am so thankful through all the testing and the colonoscopy that nothing was found it was just something that happened with no real ryhme or reason. I am thankful that I didn't have to go through what she has and pray that it will never happen again and that I will not have to travel down that road. A little secret about me: It's something I think about often and pray about.

Then we have the death of Michael Jackson. Wow what a shock, not that for years he didn't look like the life had been sucked out of him but he died! I can remember laying on the floor in front of the record player with the BIG headphones on listening to the Thriller album and singing along. I would do this for hours. I can remember doing baton routines to his music. Oh and the movie Thriller, I can remember watching it at school. We all gathered in the school library to watch it. At slumber parties we would make up dances to his songs. I can remember the sparkly single glove I had, and I even had sparkly socks. I remember always wanting one of those leather jackets, you know the one I am talking about. Oh and how could anyone forget the Moonwalk. And his hair catching on fire. I remember the song We are the World. Even at a young age it brought me to tears. Don't laugh, listen to the words! As I grew older Mr. Jackson become well interesting and for most odd. And most of us stopped following him as we once did. What a history he has and his history has touched most of our lives in some way. Hearing the news of his death was shocking. Not that I sat and cried as some did but a bit of my childhood is dead. Oh the memories.

We had some great friends over last night for some chinese food and great conversations. We had a good time and I even scored a foot and leg rub. I love my friends and I love that they love my children and understand that they are 4 and 2. THey understand why they act the way they do sometimes and they don't expect too much out of them. I love that they speak to them with respecct! They do speak to them with sarcasim and expect them to be little grown ups.

We seemed to end the night with quiet a bang! We had a terriable storm come through. At approx. 1:30 here came the kids. Silas saying "Daddy, I cared. You hear hat? Lightening care me." Bless his heart, this is the first time him being like this in the middle of the night. We haven't had a whole lot of storms since he came along. But there he was as close to me as he could get with his eyes as wide open as he could get them. Ellie was also a little scared but I think as soon as she curled up with daddy she went right back to sleep. Not long after that happened Eli had to get up and take care of server problems. So for our house it was a short stormy night. And we are all very tired today!

Silas got up this morning and said with great excitment "Mommy huder gone."

Hopefully today will go smoothly.

No comments: