Monday, June 1, 2009

The insanity that is.

This past week has been insane. I thought I would put these two blogs into one.

My kids are currently with out a bedroom or beds. I am working as hard as I can but it is just not getting finished as rapidly as I like. So for the time they are sleeping in different places in the house. The evening in the picture below we had some friends over to watch a movie so we put the kids in our bed to start with. When we went in to move them this is what we found.

They are so precious. They wanted to read books before they went to sleep. Ellie sat in the bed and read to Silas until they both passed out.


So we had a Massive Yard Sale. We sold maybe 1/2 the stuff. I tried to put it in the newspaper but when I called the lady told me "well we changed the deadline date this week." So I made signs and hung them up all over Waverly and Piketon. We had a really good turn out. I got up at 4:40 that morning to get signs out, get stuff set up and make a walmart run. At about 9:30 I lost steam and we just stopped getting stuff out. I didn't even get everything set up that I had to put out. But to spite all that we sold a lot and made enough money to get the kids bunk beds, mattresses, bunkie boards, and a couple bed sets. Oh and we had a little left over. We are hoping to have another sale after I recover from this one. Here are a couple of pics I took of the set up.


The kids did such a good job. There was no complaining about what was sold. They just played and had a big time.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wow, how great that you'll get bunkbeds! Your kids are precious and I luv those pics!