Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Change is in the air

I can feel it, change is coming. I can feel it in my soul, heart, body and I know it in my mind.

Let's start with Body. I am losing weight and I feel better now that I am exercising more. I feel better about myself physically and I am starting to feel better about my self mentally.

As for the soul and heart, I have know for a long time that there are things that I need to deal with. I think that Steve's sermon series is really speaking to me and going to help me move towards the right direction. Here are just a few things that I need to start with, I need to be able to let my emotions show. I need to stop holding them and tucking them away so no one can see how I feel. I need to start telling people how I feel about things. If I'm upset I have every right to voice my feelings. That is one of the hard ones. There are others but no that I feel safe sharing here, Sorry. It's the trust meter. There is a pastor in TN, who's blog I read. He is currently doing a sermon series on Baggage and I guess this last week part of the message was about our Trust Meter. If you want to check him out here is his blog and you can find the sermon series here. Steve also did a series like this. i tried to find it on the website to link to it but it's currently not there. Maybe it will show up someday. If you would like to hear Steve's series on this you could get it on CD. It was a really good series. I dealt with some things then but I think this topic keeps coming up cause I can only do a little at a time.

I am really hoping that I can find someone to share all the changes that need to happen. Someone who will listen and help me where I need it.

I am excited about this change but I know it's not going to be easy and it's probably going to hurt. But if the change I feel is truly going to come then things have to change.

I think for me that change starts here with two words: Safe (safety) and Trust

Safe: protected from or not exposed to danger or risk; not likely to be harmed or lost

Turst: 1 firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something