Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Beginning Lent a little late.


I know I am a little late figuring out what this clan is doing for Lent. With a sinus infection last week not a whole lot got done. It was all about surviving till bed time. I am feeling much better this week though. So in thinking about Lent I had some thoughts.

Our children's program at church just began using the Orange curriculum this month. This curriculum comes with devotions and things you can do at home. So we are going to strive to do those on a daily basis. There are 4 days of devotions. So I was thinking on Friday we then could discuss Lent and read about the time leading up to Good Friday.

My friend Lilly sent me some ideas last year for Lent and Holy Week activities. You can find those ideas here.

Lilly also posted a Lenten Picture a Day project that we are going to try to do. You can find it here.

I think The Ruggles family are going to be a little low key this year. But we still wanted to take this time to draw closer to Jesus together.

No comments: