Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cheerleaders aren't all bad.

I expect a well rounded individual. Ellie also plays soccer and she wants to play basketball. I wish they had volley ball for little kids. I also wish they had a drama club for little kids. She loves to be in musicals, act and pretend all the time.We also play with cars, wrestle and sword fight. No we don't do bugs with the exception of lightening bugs. And yes that's my fault but oh well so I don't do bugs.

Dance was not her thing, she didn't dance this year. But there isn't a thing wrong with dance. She would probably do it again this year if she could just do ballet. Nothing wrong with working on your balance and posture. She really enjoyed ballet.
Yes she is my little princess and there is nothing wrong with that. It's not like I call her that everyday all day. I am not going to go into my reasoning any more than that.

If she does become a cheerleader I am not going to be upset with her or tell her she can't. And yes ladies there are lots of gals that I know that were or are cheerleaders that are amazing, well rounded, loving, caring, compassionate gals. Gals that I am very proud of. And if Ellie turned out like them I would be extremely thankful.
I probably should start saving now, just in case. I just can't believe how much it costs and I don't agree with the whole fundraising aspect. Let the football players fund raise for their stuff not the cheerleaders.

I guess as long as I strive to raise a well rounded individual who is in touch with reality then I don't have a problem with her being a cheerleader. I have my work cut out for me. I want to raise a child who doesn't think she's all that and a bag of chips just because she's a cheerleader. I want her to have great self confidence. I want her to know she is a princess and she is worth treating that way. I never want to set her to think a guy can walk all over her and treat her like crap. I want her to love all. I want her to be the one who is kind to everyone and she doesn't care who doesn't like her because of it. I want her love love others to spite what they may do. I don't want her to go along with or condone what others may do that's wrong but to love them to spite of their wrong doings. I her to be able to convey to others that they are loved even though they have done wrong or the world doesn't view them as lovable. I want her to walk with her head held high and with purpose. I want her to love Jesus and love people. I want her to love herself. I want her to know she has worth. But I also want her to be humble about it. I want her to enjoy life and if that means being a cheerleader then okay.

Gals I am so sorry I made that comment. You all are right, you all turned out wonderful and weren't the typical cheerleader that I had ingrained in my memory. There were several cheerleaders that I knew growing up that gave it a bad name. And I guess it's the ones who give it a bad name that stick out way more than the nice ones who are truly good people. Thanks for the reminder.

I guess I felt the need to defend myself a bit but it isn't necessary. I am not a bad parent and I think I am doing okay. Eli is doing okay. We are good parents who love our children and strive to create well rounded kids who love Jesus, love people and love themselves with humility.

okay I am stopping now.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I think you're doing a great job! I agree it's bogus that the cheerleaders have to fundraise for the football players. Those are all great things to want for your child and you're a great example to me of the kind of mom I eventually want to be. Love you!