Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Traditions

Now it's time for one old favorite tradition and one new tradition.

My Favorite old tradition is when we would get together with my Aunts family on Christmas Eve. Some Christmas' we would go to church together. Oh I remember the year we laughed the whole way through the service and we were all on the verge of peeing our pants and I believe someone, mom, almost caught something on fire from laughter. Then we would alternate houses each yeah. But we always had Ham and cheese sandwiches with all the fixens. Aunt Sandy's Fruit Salad, Cheesecake, Baked Beans and Sugar cookies. My mom always made Broccoli casserole and Apricot Salad. We would eat and then open presents. My dad and cousin Andy would alternate who got the wrapped empty box. It was fun! I remember when we were younger all the Santa antics put on by our parents. Santa even came to the house while we were still awake.


My Favorite new tradition is going to Church together and then going home and making homemade pizzas and cookies for Santa while watching Christmas movies. And in the morning we have Cinnamon Rolls.

I am sure as our family grows traditions will change and that's okay.

No comments: