Saturday, November 15, 2008

If I had as much money as Oprah

So have you read anything about the "Safe Haven" law in Nebraska? Parents can leave their child, up to the age of 17, at a hospital if they can't take care of them. And I guess this is quite the problem.

I had heard about this in the news but recently read about it on a blog.

I know from hearing things and seeing things that some kids would be better off in a different situation than they one they are in with their parents. So some kids are better off being dropped off at a hospital.

As I read articles about this people are actually flying to Nebraska to leave their kids at hospitals before the law changes.

This hurts my heart. All these kids need love. I wish I was in the position of say Oprah, that I could create a place for all these kids to stay, to be loved, accepted, and a place that they could grow into mature loving adults.

I know I'm dreaming but wouldn't it be nice if a big name celebrity with lots of dough would do something spectacular here, in this situation.

It would take a lot but it could be done.

I dunno, just thoughts. Thanks to Francis Chan for making me think a little more and a little differently.

Crazy Love
"...if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday."
"...we are each given different gifts and talents by our Master. The thing that matters most is how we use what we have been given, not how much we make or do compared to someone else. What matters is that we spend ourselves."

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I think people just give up too easily. Not only do people give up on marriages (high divorce rates), but now they're giving up on raising their own children. I can't imagine it...