Monday, February 26, 2007

Reflection


This time last year I found my self in a country where no one understood me except the few people I went there with. I was so scared going there and now looking back and missing the way things are there, I think I could live there. Not in Budapest but in the villages. This picture was taken with the smaller children at the Orphanage that we went and visited with. We had so much fun playing with them. They could not understand us and we could not understand them but we connected. They needed love and we gave it. I was scared at first thinking how do I connect with someone who i cannot communicate with. But it happened and it was wonderful. Take a look at the little guy on the right, is that little Eli or what? I wanted to bring him home so bad. He has been adopted.
Looking back on this trip I am amazed at the things that have come from it but the one thing I am thankful for the most is the friendship that grew between Jen and I. We were friends before but I think on this trip we came closer together and I learned that I could trust her cause she trusted me. I Love You Jen! Thanks for being my friend!

1 comment:

theviolinist said...

aaahhh...to hug those kids again! It's comforting to know that two of the three orphans in the picture have been adopted since we were there...I can't believe it's been a year already! You truly helped me keep me sanity the first three nights, I could have totally lost focus that first night in Miskolc if I hadn't been able to free my thoughts with you. Thank you for that...much love to you girl!