Thursday, February 22, 2007

Become


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously

give other people permission to do the same.

an excerpt from
A Return to Love
Marianne Williamson

2 comments:

jodi said...

"We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,gorgeous, talented, fabulous?"

I ask myself that question EVERY day. I haven't learned to embrace the answer yet.

jaki good said...

i believe this quote!!!
so many of us confuse vanity and pride with acknowledgement of who we are in Christ! and once we are secure in that - we can move from self obsession to focus on others.